Turkey Divan Croissants Recipe
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 pound bunch broccoli, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 croissant, split
- 6 ounces thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice and dill; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute broccoli and onion in butter for 10 minutes or until tender. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender.
- 3. Spread mustard mixture over bottom halves of croissants. Top with turkey, broccoli mixture and cheese; replace tops.
- 4. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
One sandwich (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise, reduced-fat margarine and fat-free Swiss cheese; served on a hamburger bun) equals 239 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 846 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.