Turkey Dinner Muffins Recipe
"I love experimenting in the kitchen," relates Margaret Berardi of Bridgeport, Connecticut. "That's how I created these muffins that use up leftovers from a turkey dinner. Team them with a bowl of soup and some fresh fruit for a satisfying lunch," she suggests.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup turkey gravy
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup diced cooked turkey
- 2 tablespoons jellied cranberry sauce
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and poultry seasoning. In another bowl, combine the egg, gravy and oil; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in the turkey.
- 2. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Top each with 1/2 teaspoon cranberry sauce. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 10 muffins.
1 serving (1 each) equals 198 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 352 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC