Turkey Dill Subs Recipe
For a change of pace from usual sandwiches, try these dill-seasoned subs from Violet Beard of Marshall, Illinois. "You can use salmon or pickled herring tidbits instead of turkey to make them like a Swedish hero," she adds.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 4 teaspoons dill weed
- 8 submarine buns (about 8 inches each), split
- Lettuce leaves
- 12 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups thinly sliced zucchini or cucumber
- 2 to 3 teaspoons cider vinegar, optional
- 2 to 3 pounds thinly sliced deli smoked turkey
- 1. In a small bowl, combine butter and dill; spread on sub buns. Layer the lettuce, radishes and zucchini on bottom of buns. Sprinkle with vinegar if desired. Top with turkey; replace bun tops. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 613 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 2,251 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 30 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC