My mom serves this savory French dish for holidays, special occasions and when she entertains out-of-town company. The turkey is moist, and the sour cream sauce delicious.—Emma Rea, Columbia, South Carolina
Recommended: 52 Date Night Dinners
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook turkey in oil and 2 tablespoons butter until golden brown and no pink remains; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine 1/2 cup water, apple juice, 1 teaspoon bouillon and pepper; cook and stir over medium heat until bouillon is dissolved. Stir in sour cream; heat through.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, combine the remaining butter, water and bouillon; cook and stir over medium heat until bouillon is dissolved. Add mushrooms; cook for 10 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Serve turkey over rice; top with cream sauce and mushrooms. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey with Mushrooms and Cream in 1-2-3 Meal Planner 2009, p162
Reviews for Turkey Cutlets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2010
"Needs a little something; will try a little white wine next time."