Turkey Cutlets with Tomato Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 turkey cutlets or breast slices (1/2 pound)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- MUSHROOM TOMATO SAUCE:
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste, optional
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt if desired and pepper. Add the cutlets, two at a time and shake to coat. In a skillet, cook cutlets in butter for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Add garlic and rosemary; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, wine or broth, brown sugar, salt if desired and pepper; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Stir in butter and basil. Serve cutlets with sauce. Sprinkle with lemon juice and parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (calculated without salt) equals 306 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Turkey Cutlets with Tomato Sauce
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.