- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lemon wedges and sliced jalapeno peppers, optional
- For sauce, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, jalapeno, lemon juice and peel and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic and remaining pepper. Add turkey, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey in oil in batches over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve with sauce. Garnish with lemon wedges and jalapenos if desired. Yield: 4 servings (1/2 cup sauce).
Originally published as Turkey Cutlets with Cool Pepper Sauce in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p29
Reviews for Turkey Cutlets with Cool Pepper Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2015
Reviewed Feb. 10, 2011
"This was very good. I used plain yogurt in place of the sour cream. The tart with a hot bite creamy sauce went very well with the crunchy cutlet. Yum"