When I have leftover turkey and a hankering for non-holiday food, I make turkey curry with carrots, cauliflower and mango chutney to spoon over rice. —Nancy Heishman, Las Vegas, NV
- 1-1/3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower, thawed
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- Additional mango chutney, optional
- In a large saucepan, mix the first seven ingredients. Add carrots and onion; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 3-5 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender. Add cauliflower; cook, covered, 4-6 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in turkey and chutney; heat through. In a small bowl, mix flour and coconut milk until smooth; stir into turkey mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with rice and, if desired, additional chutney. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Curry with Rice in Taste of Home November 2015, p75
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Turkey Curry with Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 7, 2015
"Made this for supper tonite and we loved it. No changes were made to the recipe. Next time I might add some golden raisins."