Turkey Curry with Apple Recipe
Shortly before we married, I tried this recipe out on my husband. I've been making it regularly ever since.
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- Hot cooked rice
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a saucepan, saute the apple, onion and celery in butter until crisp-tender. Stir in the flour, curry powder,salt, bouillon and cayenne. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in turkey and peanuts; cook until turkey is heated through. Serve over rice and garnish with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 380 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 638mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 4g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Curry with Apple
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC