Turkey Curry Salad
June Mullins credits her sister for sharing this winning recipe, picked up at their Missouri State Fair several years ago. "Cucumbers, apples and a touch of curry make this salad distinctive," assesses June who lives near Livonia.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 cups diced cooked turkey
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise and sour cream or yogurt; stir in
- curry powder. Fold in remaining ingredients. Chill at least 2 hours
- before serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 451 calories, 32 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.