- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook
- and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk and broth. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat;
- stir in turkey, sweet potato, salt, pepper and cayenne. Refrigerate,
- covered, 2 hours or until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss apple with lemon juice. Stir in
- remaining salsa ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- For croquettes, in a shallow bowl, beat eggs and water. Place flour
- and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Shape turkey mixture
- into 1-1/2-in. balls. Roll in flour; shake off excess. Roll in egg
- mixture, then in crumbs, patting to help coating adhere.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry
- croquettes, a few at a time, 1-2 minutes on each side or until
- golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with cranberry salsa.
- Yield: 16 croquettes (2 cups salsa).
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer