- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour
- until blended. Gradually add milk and broth. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat;
- stir in turkey, sweet potato, salt, pepper and cayenne. Cover and
- refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Meanwhile, toss apple with lemon juice in a bowl. Stir in remaining
- salsa ingredients. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- For croquettes, beat eggs and water in a shallow bowl. Place flour
- and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Shape turkey mixture
- into 1-1/2-in. balls. Roll in flour; shake off excess. Roll in egg
- mixture, then in crumbs.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1-1/2 in. of oil to
- 375°. Fry croquettes, a few at a time, for 2 minutes or until
- golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with cranberry salsa.
- Yield: 16 croquettes (2 cups salsa).
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer