Turkey Crescent Wreath Recipe
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Coat a 14-in. pizza pan with cooking spray.
- 2. Separate crescent dough into 16 triangles. Place wide end of 1 triangle 3 in. from edge of prepared pan with point overhanging edge of pan. Repeat with remaining triangles along outer edge of pan, overlapping the wide ends (dough will look like a sun when complete). Lightly press wide ends together.
- 3. Spoon turkey mixture over the wide ends of dough. Fold the points of the triangles over the filling and tuck under wide ends (filling will be visible).
- 4. Brush with egg white. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16 servings.
One serving equals 171 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 373 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Turkey Crescent Wreath
"This was very good and attractive. I used chicken, instead of turkey and pecans, instead of walnuts. Nice for a crowd."