"My mother-in-law and I are always dreaming up new sandwiches," reports Judy Benson of Capron, Illinois. "When we put these Thanksgiving leftovers between slices of sourdough bread, we knew we had a family favorite."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- Lettuce leaves
- Spread cream cheese on two slices of bread. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Top with turkey; spread cranberry sauce over turkey. Top with the
- Swiss cheese, lettuce and remaining bread. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 589 calories, 27 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 533 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer