Turkey Cordon Bleu with Alfredo Sauce Recipe
For our annual Kentucky Derby party I wanted to create a twist on a traditional Kentucky Hot Brown sandwich. The turkey is tender and flavorful, full of smoky ham and melted cheese, but the crispy bacon really sets the dish off,Sandy Komisarek, Swanton, Ohio
- 8 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 thin slices deli honey ham
- 8 turkey breast cutlets
- 2 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce, warmed
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place one slice mozzarella cheese and ham on each cutlet. Roll up each from a short side and secure with toothpicks.
- Place bread crumbs and eggs in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. Dip turkey in flour mixture, eggs, then bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, brown turkey in oil in batches. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until turkey juices run clear. Discard toothpicks.
- Spoon Alfredo sauce over turkey. Sprinkle with bacon and Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Cordon Bleu with Alfredo Sauce in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p140
Reviews for Turkey Cordon Bleu with Alfredo Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review