With or without the dipping sauce, this crunchy crowd-pleaser is tasty. The cranberry-Dijon sauce gives the fun snack plenty of tang.—Donna-Marie Ryan, Topsfield, MA
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground walnuts, divided
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 sheets phyllo dough (14x9 inches)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- In a small skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cheese, parsley, cranberry sauce, 1 teaspoon walnuts, honey, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface with a long side facing you; brush with butter. Repeat with three more sheets of phyllo, brushing each layer. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.)
- Cut the stack widthwise into four strips. Place 2 tablespoons turkey mixture along one long side of each strip; roll up tightly. Pinch edges to seal. Cut roll in half; place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat. Brush tops with butter; sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. For dipping sauce, in a microwave, heat cranberry sauce until softened. Stir in mustard. Serve with appetizers.
Freeze option: Freeze unbaked appetizers in freezer containers, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, bake as directed, increasing time as necessary until golden and heated through. Meanwhile, prepare dipping sauce as directed. Yield: 2 dozen (1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Turkey Cigars with Cranberry-Dijon Dipping Sauce in Country Woman October/November 2009, p31
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Turkey Cigars with Cranberry-Dijon Dipping Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review