Turkey Chow Mein Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup water, divided
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 cups shredded Chinese or napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry celery and onion in oil for 3 minutes. Add cabbage and mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes longer. Add the broth, soy sauce, sugar, garlic powder and remaining water; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 3. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add turkey; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1-3/4 cup: 353 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 659mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Turkey Chow Mein
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer