Turkey Chow Mein Recipe
Turkey dinner gets an Asian twist in this tasty recipe from our Test Kitchen. Fresh vegetables combine with tender turkey to create a nutritious and hearty entree that’s sure to please!
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup water, divided
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 cups shredded Chinese or napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water until smooth; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry celery and onion in oil for 3 minutes. Add cabbage and mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes longer. Add the broth, soy sauce, sugar, garlic powder and remaining water; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add turkey; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Chow Mein in Light & Tasty October/November 2007, p37
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Turkey Chow Mein(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Stir Fry Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes >