Turkey Chop Suey Recipe
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Add the turkey, water chestnuts and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water and soy sauce until smooth; add to turkey mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add bean sprouts. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 204 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 762mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable
Reviews for Turkey Chop Suey
"Great taste and simple to make. I topped mine with La Choy rice noodles for a little extra chrunch."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer