- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Add the turkey, water chestnuts and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water and soy sauce until smooth; add to turkey mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add bean sprouts. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Chop Suey in Taste of Home August/September 2006, p13
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Turkey Chop Suey
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 15, 2009
"Great taste and simple to make. I topped mine with La Choy rice noodles for a little extra chrunch."