- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Add the turkey, water chestnuts and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water and soy sauce until smooth; add to turkey mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add bean sprouts. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Turkey Chop Suey
Sort By :
Great taste and simple to make. I topped mine with La Choy rice noodles for a little extra chrunch.