- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 3/4 cup each chopped onion, celery and green pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, chili beans, water, corn and seasonings. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low; cook for 5-6 hours. Add kidney and pinto beans; cook 30 minutes longer. Garnish with sour cream if desired. Yield: 13 servings.
Reviews for Turkey Chili
Sort By :
I made this today. I didn't add this or leave out that, just followed and it was absolutely delicious. My wife is from Texas and usually makes the chili, but is sick, so I made this and she loved it, me too!! Great recipe!
This was the best chili I have ever had. I'm always looking for a good chili recipe and had yet to find one that is until now. The only thing different I did was omitted the green peppers (husband does't like), corn (I don't like) used medium chili beans as that is what I had on hand and didn't use the sour cream. I think it was the spaghetti sauce that made this recipe really good. It will be my go to chili recipe from now on. Thank you Celesta for sharing.
This was delicious! I used jalapeno peppers from a jar instead of the hot chili beans because I didn't have any. I used about 2 Tbsp chopped. At first it seemed like it was going to be too hot, but when we put it together with rice and sour cream on top, it was perfect!