While the real bird is roasting, you can present your guests with this tasty Thanksgiving turkey. It also makes for a fun centerpiece. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 6 ounces deli smoked turkey, finely chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- Brown, orange and yellow paste food coloring
- 6 large oval crackers
- 1 large sweet red pepper
- 1 small yellow summer squash
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat the first six ingredients until combined. Shape into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- In another small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Divide among four small bowls. With food coloring, tint one bowl brown, one dark orange and one light orange (using yellow and orange); leave one bowl plain.
- Transfer each mixture to a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of each bag.
- For turkey tail feathers, decorate the top halves of large oval crackers with tinted cream cheese.
- Using the red pepper, form the turkey head, neck and wattle. For beak, cut a small triangle from summer squash; attach with cream cheese. Add eyes, using brown and plain cream cheese. Insert pecan halves and decorated crackers into cheese ball. Serve with assorted crackers. Yield: 1 cheese ball (3 cups).
Originally published as Turkey Cheese Ball in Country Woman October/November 2007, p18
Reviews for Turkey Cheese Ball
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review