Turkey Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices white bread, cubed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the soup, milk, 1/2 cup cheese, wine, lemon juice and salt. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth and heated through. Pour over turkey mixture; toss to coat.
- 3. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with bread cubes.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 248 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 713 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Turkey Casserole
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.