Turkey Casserole with Chow Mein Noodles Recipe
Chow mein noodles and slivered almonds lend crunch to this creamy turkey bake from Joanne ShewChuk of St. Benedict, Saskatchewan. “It‘s a great way to use up leftover turkey or chicken,“ she notes.
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole baby corn, drained and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chow mein noodles, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, corn and soup. Stir in the cheese, celery, 1/4 cup noodles, mushrooms, 1/4 cup almonds and green pepper. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining noodles and almonds. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 297 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 693 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Casserole with Chow Mein Noodles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC