Turkey Caprese Sandwiches
I went to a friend's party and had a bruschetta with caprese salad on top. I loved the taste and started serving it at my parties. Once I had no bread, only bagels and added turkey and a few other items. My young daughter thought it was great. I started making the sandwiches for parties and everyone loved them! Maria Higginson, Bountiful, Utah
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 12 Asiago cheese bagels, cut in half and toasted
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 36 slices deli turkey
- 24 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 6 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 12 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Rub garlic cloves over cut sides of bagels.
- For each sandwich, spread 1 teaspoon mayonnaise over bagel bottom.
- Layer with three turkey slices, two cheese slices, two tomato
- slices, four onion slices and one sliced basil leaf. Sprinkle with
- salt; drizzle with olive oil. Replace tops. Yield: 12 servings.