- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Unroll one tube of crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion and carrot over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add the cabbage, soup and thyme. Pour over crust; sprinkle with cheese.
- On a lightly floured surface, press second tube of crescent dough into a 13x9-in. rectangle, sealing seams and perforations. Place over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Turkey Cabbage Bake
Sort By :
"We just had this dish for dinner tonight. I've been wanting to make it for a long time but didn't have all the ingredients for it. So, today I made a 14 mile round trip to the store to get what I needed. I used coleslaw with cabbage and carrots. Cream of chicken soup. The only part I didn't like is the thyme. I am just not fond of that spice. In fact it's going in the garbage tonight. I think this recipe would be just fine without. Will be making this again and thank you Irene for submitting it."
"I make this once a week! It is also good with ground beef if you don't have ground turkey. And I have made it with only the crust on the top and have also used cream of chicken or cream of celery soup. My family LOVES it!"
"This looks good but I'm always leery of recipes without nutritional information. I entered a list of ingerdients into an online calorie counter and it came out with a grade of B- and 292 calories. Good Points: Low in sugar,High in selenium, High in vitamin A"
"My husband loves this recipe! Great even for people that don't like cabbage. I just used one tube of crescent rolls instead of two, and cut back a little on the turkey and added a little extra carrot and cabbage to make it a little healthier, also used reduced-fat soup. Great recipe!"
"Recipe was a real "keeper" for our family. I made homemade dough in place of the store-bought crescent rolls in the original recipe. I also did not add chopped onion or cream of mushroom soup, instead I used a homemade white sauce.Will make this recipe again! :)"