- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Burgundy wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 10 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- For salsa, combine the first seven ingredients. Chill until serving.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, turmeric and cumin in oil over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the salsa, corn and black beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup turkey mixture off center on each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve with salsa. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Turkey Burritos with Fresh Fruit Salsa
Sort By :
"Took a lot of time to prepare with all the chopping, but I really liked this recipe! Neither my husband nor myself could even tell that we weren't eating ground beef. Next time, I'd like to try adding some cilantro and maybe even avocado to the fruit salsa."
"I have cooked this recipe many, many times and it is great! I haven't ever tried the fruit salsa yet, but just the burritos are awesome. My kids and husband love it and it makes enough for leftovers."
"Simply Awesome! A must try for your family."
"LOVED THESE BURRITOS! I don't like fruit mixed with my meats at all, so I'm not sure why I tried this recipe, but I'm glad I did- It was delicious"
"Turkey Burritos w/Fresh Fruit Salsa is delicious! Husband and I both enjoyed it a lot."