Turkey Burritos with Fresh Fruit Salsa Recipe
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Burgundy wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 10 whole wheat tortilla (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- For salsa, combine the first seven ingredients. Chill until serving.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, turmeric and cumin in oil over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the salsa, corn and black beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup turkey mixture off center on each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve with salsa. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Turkey Burritos with Fresh Fruit Salsa
Sort By :
"I have cooked this recipe many, many times and it is great! I haven't ever tried the fruit salsa yet, but just the burritos are awesome. My kids and husband love it and it makes enough for leftovers."
"Simply Awesome! A must try for your family."
"LOVED THESE BURRITOS! I don't like fruit mixed with my meats at all, so I'm not sure why I tried this recipe, but I'm glad I did- It was delicious"
"Turkey Burritos w/Fresh Fruit Salsa is delicious! Husband and I both enjoyed it a lot."
"I agree with previous commenter, this is excellent! You could add rice to the burrito but they were perfect as is anyway"