I created this recipe on a whim for company. It was a hit. Now my family asks me quite often to prepare these healthy, hearty burger.—Brenda Jones, Homestead, Florida
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble turkey
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill, pan-fry or broil for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat
- thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with
- lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 285 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 411 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or