Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. Grill, pan-fry or broil for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burger equals 285 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 411 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.
Reviews for Turkey Burgers
"I made this recipe for Turkey Burgers on 11/18/15! I've adapted the recipe by using the following ingredients: 1 lb. lean ground turkey, 1 egg, 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs, 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce,1 tsp. Dijon mustard, 1/4 tsp. pepper, 1/2 tsp. salt, an 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning. I combined mixture into 7 patties, placed on a foil-lined baking sheet. I'd coated the foil with PAM non-stick cooking spray and baked20 to 25 minutes at 375o F. or until browned. These burgers tasted really GOOD, too! Thank you, Brenda Jones, for sharing your recipe with Taste of Home! delowenstein"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.