Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. Grill, pan-fry or broil for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burger equals 285 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 411 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.