I created this recipe on a whim for company. It was a hit. Now my family asks me quite often to prepare these healthy, hearty burger.—Brenda Jones, Homestead, Florida
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill, pan-fry or broil for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Burgers in Taste of Home June/July 1996, p44
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Turkey Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review