Turkey Burgers with Mango Salsa Recipe
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 3/4 cup mango salsa
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Grill buns, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Place burgers on bun bottoms. Top with salsa. Replace bun tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Turkey Burgers with Mango Salsa
Sort By :
"Okay, but too many bread crumbs (gave it a weird/dry texture) and the lemon was overpowering."
"I made these last night and we thought they were tasty. Taste of Home Magazine just came out with their canning and preserving issue. On page 56 is a recipe for Raspberry-Onion Jalapeno Chutney. We used this as a condiment on the burgers. WOW, soooo good. If you don't preserve foods, you can cut the recipe by half and it keeps in the fridge for several days, or freeze some. It will also be our go to in place of cranberry out of the can at Thanksgiving. You would never know there was jalapeno's, next time I'll add more 'heat.'"
"I made this version but like our family recipe better.It excludes the breadcrumbs, adds feta cheese, Powdered Italian Dressing Packet, Cup of soup Tomato and cooks well with a greased grill or grill top pan."
"This was a great summer meal. The only problem was the burgers stuck to the grill even though we used Pam, so make sure your grill is well greased. Burgers were juicy and salsa was delicious. I also used fresh pineapple and Serrano pepper in it."
"Very flavorful. I mixed an Italian seasoning with cream cheese for the garlic herb spread, and just sliced a Mango instead of Salsa. Still soooo good!"