This is the cookout recipe that will have everyone talking. The secret is mixing a creamy, spreadable cheese into the turkey patties. It gives them a rich taste without overpowering the burger. —Nancee Melin, Tucson, Arizona
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 3/4 cup mango salsa
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Grill buns, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Place burgers on bun bottoms. Top with salsa. Replace bun tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Burgers with Mango Salsa in Healthy Cooking June/July 2012, p38
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Turkey Burgers with Mango Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review