- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill patties, covered, over medium
- heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or
- until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and jalapeno cheese sauce. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 387 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 599 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.