Turkey Burgers with Herb Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/3 cup sour cream, divided
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the onion, parsley and 1 tablespoon sour cream. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four thin patties. Top two patties with feta cheese; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165°.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the chives, basil, lemon juice, tarragon, salt, pepper and remaining sour cream. Serve burgers on lettuce-lined buns with herb sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
1 burger (prepared with reduced-fat sour cream) equals 391 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 562 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.