- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/3 cup sour cream, divided
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
- In a small bowl, combine the onion, parsley and 1 tablespoon sour cream. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four thin patties. Top two patties with feta cheese; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165°.
- In a small bowl, combine the chives, basil, lemon juice, tarragon, salt, pepper and remaining sour cream. Serve burgers on lettuce-lined buns with herb sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Turkey Burgers with Herb Sauce
"This was the first time I've tried turkey burger in any way. This recipe is a great change of pace from hamburger. It's definety a keeper. I did end up frying it in a pan, as it was some what mussy for Bar Be Que. the sauce was also good, but I did use it sparingly."