A tangy sour cream sauce complements these moist ground turkey burgers stuffed with feta cheese. “It’s not always easy to cook for two,” notes Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia, “but burgers make it a cinch. This recipe can easily be doubled, too.”
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/3 cup sour cream, divided
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
- In a small bowl, combine the onion, parsley and 1 tablespoon sour cream. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four thin patties. Top two patties with feta cheese; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165°.
- In a small bowl, combine the chives, basil, lemon juice, tarragon, salt, pepper and remaining sour cream. Serve burgers on lettuce-lined buns with herb sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Burgers with Herb Sauce in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p33
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Turkey Burgers with Herb Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review