- Sliced tomato and red onion, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the corn, onion and peppers in oil until
- crisp-tender. Stir in the lime juice, garlic, salt, cumin, chili
- powder and oregano; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a large bowl
- and cool slightly. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape
- into four burgers. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- For sauce, in a small bowl, mash avocado with the sour cream,
- cilantro, lime juice, garlic and salt. Refrigerate until serving.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium
- heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or
- until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Place on buns; top each with about 1/4 cup sauce. Serve with the
- lettuce, cheese, tomato and onion if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger (calculated without optional toppings) equals 413 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 678 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.