Turkey Burger Pie Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook turkey and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the egg substitute, milk and baking mix. Pour over cheese. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 221 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.