"This recipe saved the day when I came home from the hospital after delivering our son," recalls Danielle Monai of Brooklyn Heights, Ohio. "It requires just six ingredients and bakes in less that half an hour, so I can have this hearty dinner on the table in a jiffy."
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook turkey and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg substitute, milk and baking mix. Pour over cheese. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Burger Pie in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p17
Reviews for Turkey Burger Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review