Turkey Breast with Vegetables Recipe
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed, crushed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 3 large onions, cut into eighths
- 8 small red potatoes, cut in half
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/4 cup oil, rosemary, fennel seed and garlic. Add the carrots, onions and potatoes; shake to coat.
- 2. Place turkey breast in a shallow roasting pan. Rub turkey skin with remaining oil; sprinkle with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Arrange vegetables around turkey.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with broth. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before carving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pound: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Turkey Breast with Vegetables
"A delicious one dish meal. The turkey was so tender and tasty, made great turkey sandwiches with the leftovers!"
"Very easy and tasty."
"This recipe is fantastic!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer