Turkey Breast with Vegetables Recipe
Doris Russell of Fallston, Maryland offers the convenient option of baking just the turkey breast. Prepared with herbs and crisp-tender vegetables, no one will miss the rest of the bird. “It’s a breeze to prepare,” says Doris. “Plus, it allows you to spend more precious time with your family.”
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed, crushed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 3 large onions, cut into eighths
- 8 small red potatoes, cut in half
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/4 cup oil, rosemary, fennel seed and garlic. Add the carrots, onions and potatoes; shake to coat.
- 2. Place turkey breast in a shallow roasting pan. Rub turkey skin with remaining oil; sprinkle with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Arrange vegetables around turkey.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with broth. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before carving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Turkey Breast with Vegetables
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2014
"A delicious one dish meal. The turkey was so tender and tasty, made great turkey sandwiches with the leftovers!"
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2010
"Very easy and tasty."
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2008
"This recipe is fantastic!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC