Turkey Breast with Gravy Recipe
Emily Chaney of Penobscot, Maine reveals her tried-and-true secret for savory roast turkey. "The herb rub seasons the meat nicely and makes a wonderful gravy," she remarks. Depending on the size of your family, you may want to cook two turkey breasts so you can ensure there will be lots of leftovers!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours YIELD:6 servings
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 to 6 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1. Place turkey breast in a shallow baking pan; coat the outside of the turkey with cooking spray. Tuck onion and celery underneath in the breast cavity. Combine seasonings; rub over turkey. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 185°, basting every 30 minutes. Remove turkey and keep warm. For gravy, combine flour and water in a saucepan until smooth. Add pan drippings and bouillon. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil for 2 minutes. Slice turkey; serve with gravy. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 349 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 196 mg cholesterol, 552 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 72 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC