Turkey Breast with Gravy
Emily Chaney of Penobscot, Maine reveals her tried-and-true secret for savory roast turkey. "The herb rub seasons the meat nicely and makes a wonderful gravy," she remarks. Depending on the size of your family, you may want to cook two turkey breasts so you can ensure there will be lots of leftovers!
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 to 6 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- Place turkey breast in a shallow baking pan; coat the outside of the
- turkey with cooking spray. Tuck onion and celery underneath in the
- breast cavity. Combine seasonings; rub over turkey. Bake, uncovered,
- at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a meat thermometer reads
- 185°, basting every 30 minutes. Remove turkey and keep warm. For
- gravy, combine flour and water in a saucepan until smooth. Add pan
- drippings and bouillon. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring
- constantly; boil for 2 minutes. Slice turkey; serve with gravy.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 349 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 196 mg cholesterol, 552 mg sodium,