Turkey Breast with Apricot Glaze
For a special occasion dinner, I stuff the turkey breast with onion, cloves and and orange before baking it. The results is a wonderful aroma as the turkey is roasting...and great flavor! Removing the skin from the bird from the bird before serving helps trim the fat...and the sweet glaze drizzled over individual slices makes a fantastic alternative to gravy.—Nancy Zimmerman, Cape May Court
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours + standing
- 1 small onion
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 small orange, halved
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (4-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Peel onion and insert cloves. Stuff onion and orange into the neck
- cavity of turkey. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a meat
- thermometer reads 170°.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Meanwhile, in a saucepan,
- combine the preserves, apple juice and mustard. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until slightly
- thickened. Remove skin, onion and orange from turkey. Slice turkey;
- drizzle with glaze. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked turkey with 4 teaspoons glaze equals 228 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,