- 3 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 3 boneless turkey breast halves (3 to 3-1/2 pounds each)
- 2-1/4 pounds thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- In a large bowl, combine the artichokes, mushrooms and onion; set aside. With skin side down, cut a lengthwise slit through the thickest portion of each turkey breast to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open the turkey breasts so they lie flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 3/4- to 1-in. thickness; remove plastic.
- Place ham slices over turkey to within 1 in. of edges. Spoon vegetable mixture lengthwise down center of the ham. Roll each turkey breast, starting from a side where the fold is in the center. Secure with kitchen string at 3-in. intervals.
- Place the turkey rolls seam side down in one greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan and one 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and thyme; spoon over the turkey rolls. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until meat thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 24-30 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Breast Roulade in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p227
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Turkey Breast Roulade
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2011
"I made this once. It was very good."