Turkey Breast Florentine Recipe
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast half (3 to 4 pounds)
- 5 bacon strips
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Make a lengthwise slit down the center of the turkey breast to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open meat so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Remove plastic; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook two bacon strips until crisp. Drain, reserving drippings. Crumble bacon; set aside. In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Stir in the flour, tarragon, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Refrigerate 1/2 cup sauce. Add the spinach, mushrooms and crumbled bacon to the remaining sauce; spread over turkey breast. Starting at a short end, roll up and tuck in ends; tie with kitchen string. Place on a rack in a greased shallow roasting pan. Brush with butter. Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Remove foil. Cut remaining bacon strips in half; place over the turkey. Bake 25-35 minutes longer or until turkey is no longer pink.
- Discard string. Let turkey stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Meanwhile, heat the reserved sauce; stir in cheese until melted. Serve with turkey. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Turkey Breast Florentine
Sort By :
"I started making this in 2006 and made it many times since then, especially on special occasions. I usually buy a 9 lb whole breast, divide it in 1/2 and debone it, and make a double recipe of the spinach stuffing, follow the recipe and it comes outlooking luscious, I also make a turkey gravy from the drippings, and a mushroom ragout. and it all tastes wonderful. thanks for the recipe."