Turkey Breakfast Sausage
In Dansville, New York, Judy Culbertson pairs down a crowd-pleasing breakfast staple with savory results. Her hearty sausage patties are loaded with flavor but contain a fraction of the sodium and fat found in commercial breakfast links.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Crumble turkey into a large bowl. Add the salt, sage, pepper and
- ginger. Shape into eight 2-in. patties.
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over
- medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer
- reads 165° and juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 patty equals 85 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.