Turkey Breakfast Sausage Patties
“I experimented with so many spices to finally attain what I think is the next-best-thing to pork sausage,” writes Marla Swoffer from Novato, California. “These are especially good drizzed with maple syrup…or crumbled in a breakfast burrito with scrambled eggs, cheese and taco sauce.”
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash each white pepper, cayenne pepper, ground allspice, ground cloves and ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Shape into eight 2-1/2-in.
- patties. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over
- medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 patty equals 86 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 lean meat.