Turkey Breakfast Sausage Patties Recipe
“I experimented with so many spices to finally attain what I think is the next-best-thing to pork sausage,” writes Marla Swoffer from Novato, California. “These are especially good drizzed with maple syrup…or crumbled in a breakfast burrito with scrambled eggs, cheese and taco sauce.”
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash each white pepper, cayenne pepper, ground allspice, ground cloves and ground nutmeg
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Shape into eight 2-1/2-in. patties. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- 3. Freeze option: To freeze, wrap each patty in plastic wrap; transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- 4. To use frozen patties: Unwrap patties and place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes on each side or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 patty equals 86 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 lean meat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC