Turkey Brats with Slaw Recipe
- 4 cups beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 3 teaspoons celery salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 packages (19-1/2 ounces each) turkey bratwurst links
- 6 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 10 brat buns, split
- In a Dutch oven, bring the beer, 2 teaspoons celery salt and garlic to a boil. Add bratwurst. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until firm and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute coleslaw mix and onion in oil for 7-9 minutes or until tender. Stir in the cranberries, vinegar, honey and remaining celery salt; heat through. Set aside.
- Drain bratwurst. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes on each side or until browned. Serve on buns with coleslaw mixture. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Brats with Slaw in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p41
Reviews for Turkey Brats with Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 27, 2012
"I added 1/2 tsp of celery seed, 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper and 1 tsp kosher salt to the slaw during the last step. My family loved this unique dish and we will certainly make it again."