- 1/2 pound ground turkey breast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, cook turkey in oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the celery, onion, green pepper and garlic; cook until vegetables are tender. Remove the turkey and vegetables with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Add chicken broth to the pan; bring to a boil. Add bow tie pasta; cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat; stir in the stewed tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, chili powder, garlic salt and turkey mixture. Simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Turkey Bow Tie Skillet
"I have made this recipe since it was first publushed in TOH. My family loves it and it is always a pleasure to serve it since it is so tasty and healthy."
"Loved this recipe! Husband recommended a little more chili powder or cayenne powder for a little more "kick"!"
"I've made this for my family since the kids were little ~ they are grown and out of the house now! And it is still a favorite for my husband and I!!"
"I was looking for something else to do with ground turkey other than burgers and saw this recipe, thought I would try it out.What a Hit this was with my family! They are already asking when I was going to make it again! Thank you for sharing"