Turkey-Blue Cheese Pasta Salad
The blue cheese dressing makes this pasta salad unique and delicious. I've served it many times, and it's always a hit.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) pasta shells, cooked, drained and cooled
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, turkey, green pepper and onion in a
- large bowl. In a small bowl, combine dressing, sour cream, celery
- seed, pepper and salt if desired; pour over salad and toss. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 213 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.