As much as my family loves them, leftover turkey sandwiches can get pretty boring. This recipe dresses them up and adds a nice twist to a traditional treat.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 large pumpernickel rolls, split
- 4 slices cooked turkey
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and drained
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices tomato
- Lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard and honey; spread on cut
- sides of rolls. On bottom halves of rolls, layer turkey, bacon and
- cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese
- begins to melt. Top with tomato and lettuce; replace roll tops.
- Yield: 2 servings.