Turkey Biscuit Stew Recipe
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 1 cup cooked whole baby carrots
- 1 tube (10 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add the turkey, peas and carrots; heat through. Separate biscuits and arrange over the stew.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 263 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 792 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Biscuit Stew
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer