Turkey Biscuit Stew
Served over biscuits, this chunky stew from Lori Schlecht of Wimbledon, North Dakota makes a hearty supper. "It's a great way to use extra turkey," she says.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 1 cup cooked whole baby carrots
- 1 tube (10 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add
- broth and milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened and bubbly. Add the turkey, peas and carrots; heat
- through. Separate biscuits and arrange over the stew.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are golden
- brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 263 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 792 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.