Turkey Biscuit Stew Recipe
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 1 cup cooked whole baby carrots
- 1 tube (10 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add the turkey, peas and carrots; heat through. Separate biscuits and arrange over the stew.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving: 263 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 792mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Biscuit Stew
"Made this recipe for my husband, but used chicken instead of turkey, he loved it! Next time will add garlic and poultry seasoning for a little more flavor. Great recipe! Thanks!"
"This is a really good recipe that works as is or with modifications! I used leftover homemade turkey gravy, frozen peas and carrots and homemade buttermilk biscuits. (This way I could have less sodium since I hardly ever cook with salt.) I couldn't find the leftover turkey I froze, so I used cooked chicken instead. I also added dried minced garlic and poultry seasoning. My husband packed up some to take to work for lunch which is definitely a sign he liked it, LOL!"
"Big hit at my house but instead of peas I used green beans"
"Made this tonight...taste like pot pie. I added my leftover turkey gravy from Thanksgiving. Yum!"
"Very good. Easy to make and tasty! A bit too much salt for my taste, but that is easy to adjust. I will be making this again."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer