- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 1 cup cooked whole baby carrots
- 1 tube (10 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add the turkey, peas and carrots; heat through. Separate biscuits and arrange over the stew.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Turkey Biscuit Stew
"This is a really good recipe that works as is or with modifications! I used leftover homemade turkey gravy, frozen peas and carrots and homemade buttermilk biscuits. (This way I could have less sodium since I hardly ever cook with salt.) I couldn't find the leftover turkey I froze, so I used cooked chicken instead. I also added dried minced garlic and poultry seasoning. My husband packed up some to take to work for lunch which is definitely a sign he liked it, LOL!"
"Big hit at my house but instead of peas I used green beans"
"Made this tonight...taste like pot pie. I added my leftover turkey gravy from Thanksgiving. Yum!"
"Very good. Easy to make and tasty! A bit too much salt for my taste, but that is easy to adjust. I will be making this again."