Turkey Biscuit Potpie Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 7 tablespoons 1% milk
- 1. In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook onion and garlic over medium heat until tender. Add the potatoes, carrots, beans and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Combine the flour and mushroom soup; stir into vegetable mixture. Add the turkey and seasonings. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and oregano. Cut in the butter until evenly distributed. Stir in milk. Drop batter in six mounds onto hot turkey mixture.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of biscuits comes out clean and biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice equals 301 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 616 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.