- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 7 tablespoons 1% milk
- In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook onion and garlic over medium heat until tender. Add the potatoes, carrots, beans and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from the heat. Combine the flour and mushroom soup; stir into vegetable mixture. Add the turkey and seasonings. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and oregano. Cut in the butter until evenly distributed. Stir in milk. Drop batter in six mounds onto hot turkey mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of biscuits comes out clean and biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Turkey Biscuit Potpie
Sort By :
I'm not sure who gave it a low rating; that's just so pitiful because it really is an awesome meal--it's worth feeding to company! My dad who usually doesn't doesn't like to eat a lot, ate 2 servings! He said we should make it again.
When some friends of us invited us over to our house for supper, they made this. It's SOOO good!! She used Grands biscuits instead of homemade (those biscuits are amazing!) and instead of cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup. I'm making this for company next week and tripling the recipe. :)
Truly comfort food at its best!!
Thank you for sharing your recipe. Sinceerely - Joscey from Oxford, NY
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Baked Turkey >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >